[Discuss-gnuradio] Building/linking your own module

From: Demijan Klinc
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building/linking your own module
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:44:23 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement a video player block for gnuradio, which uses various
ffmpeg libraries. Unfortunately, I've been having difficulty linking to the ffmpeg libraries within
the gnuradio framework.

My approach so far has been to include the libraries in the 'module/lib/Makefile.am'
as follows:

libgnuradio_module_la_LIBADD =    \
    -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lswscale   \
    $(GNURADIO_CORE_LA)

where '-lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lswscale' are the libs I need to link
against.

When compiling I get errors of the following type:
/usr/local/src/gnuradio/gr-module/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-module.so: undefined reference to `av_register_all()'

Note that the libraries are static and installed properly.

Any help on how I should go about linking this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Demijan