[Discuss-gnuradio] "Failed to set frequency to ..." message in Spectrum

From: Rahman Doost
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Failed to set frequency to ..." message in Spectrum scan
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 20:02:52 -0400

hello everyone,

I 'm trying to collect some samples from my spectrum sensing code running on USRP2, which is a slightly revised version of 'usrp_spectrum_sense.py'. My problem is that after some time during the scan of some band, this message appears: "Failed to set frequency to ...". For instance I let the board to sweep my band 1000 times but after 100 or more scans (it's really variable) it stops its normal operation and can't lock on a frequency anymore.
I tested this with both WBX and XCVR front-ends in 400M and 2.4G. But the problem persists. Since I need to let the USRP2 work and collect samples for quite a long period, I really need to come up with a solution. I was wondering if someone has already encountered this problem and has solved it.

Rahman