Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to set up MP-Benchmark Test PowerPC Processo

From: matty
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to set up MP-Benchmark Test PowerPC Processors (using Altivec)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:16:18 +0200

Best thanks,

i'm running Fedora 11 with XFCE4! I will run another test in text mode.
My second benchmark was essentially better.

Is there any usable benchmark-code for gcell, where the SPEs are working?

Matty

2010/5/3 Eric Blossom <address@hidden>
On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 02:10:07PM +0200, matty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here is my mp-benchmark of PS3! Looks a little bit deformed at pipe 6. I'm
> running at the moment another test, to check out.

Do you have anything else running?  Window manager?
I've got mine configured to runlevel 3, no X, then ssh into it.
Saves a bunch of resources.

> OK, i think this is with altivec.

Yep, that's with Altivec.

> But now, how can i perform this test without altivec like here:
> http://gnuradio.org/images/perf-data-images/ps3.png

I think this will kill the Alitvec code:

  ./configure --with-md-cpu=generic
  (cd gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter; make clean)
  make && make install

Eric