Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK Modulation/Demodulation issue

From: marcin_w
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DQPSK Modulation/Demodulation issue
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Harald Welte wrote:

> However, if you do get a working example script or grc graph at some
> point,
> please make the effort of publishing/posting it so it can be referenced by
> others.

Hi Harald & everyone else with DxPSK issues.

After weeks of battling with my simple DQPSK transmitter/receiver,  i have
finally found the solution.
The key was always just to add a packet encoder & decoder.

I now receive my input sequence of [01101100] ie 108 Decimal, every time.
I have further tried transmitting with DQPSK from a file source [i.e a .dat
file containing 20 seconds of music, sampled at 48KHz]. My received file is
almost identical with minimal audible noise, and low BER.

I will provide source code and GRC flow graphs for both the simulation and
actual USRP transmission/reception using both DBPSK & DQPSK in the next day
or so.

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions,

Marcin