Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and ISE 12

From: Tiago Rogério Mück
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and ISE 12
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 12:22:18 -0300

Well, it seems the aeMB guys are working on a new version of the the core. Maybe the new core will perform better.

Em 14 de maio de 2010 18:17, Brian Padalino <address@hidden> escreveu:
2010/5/14 Tiago Rogério Mück <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that everyone is having troubles with ISE 11.x, but has anyone
> tried the new ISE 12 ?
>
> We have successfully synthesized the USRP2 fpga code with ISE 12.1, but we
> got a timing error and the bitstream didn't seem to work: find_usrps didn't
> find anything and the leds didn't flash.
>
> We are using the latest code from the repositories for both fpga and
> firmware.
>
> Is there anyone who has tried ISE 12 and want to share the experience ?

I am not building the USRP2 FPGA, or have experience with ISE 12, but
the errors you have are all related to BRAM feeding the aeMB CPU -
more specifically RAM output -> Mux -> Adder -> FF, mostly with 7 to
10 layers of logic inbetween.

Good luck debugging that portion of the CPU.  Hopefully you can
achieve timing closure.

Brian