Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to make my own block

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to make my own block
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:02:32 -0700

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 09:43:45PM -0700, bhargava Yammanuru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm also a noob, learning how to write a block. I had the same problem...  I
> think
> from gnuradio import "your module name" should fix it...
>
> 2010/6/10 weizhongshan <address@hidden>
>
> > hello everyone!
> > I am learning to make my own block.In  gr-howto-write-a-block-3.2/src/lib
> > directory ,I delete the former .h and .c files ,and write my own .h and .c
> > files .after modifying the howto.i ,I *make *and build everything
> > successfullly .then I chang to the **gr-howto-write-a-block-3.2 directory
> > . " ./bootstrap "and "make" are successful ,but when  i make check ,i fail
> > and get the following message
> > "  File "./qa_howto.py", line 24, in <module>
> >     import qpsk
> > ImportError: No module named qpsk".(i am trying to write a qpsk module)
> > waiting for help

The easiest way to create the framework for a new block or blocks is to use the

  $ create-gnuradio-out-of-tree-project <new-module-name>

command.  It copies and renames the gr-howto-write-a-block directory
structure for you.

It's included in the 3.3.0 release and is installed in PREFIX/bin.
(It lives in the tree under gr-utils/src/python)

Eric