Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using external clock with USRP2/WBX

From: Damien S.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using external clock with USRP2/WBX
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 06:10:45 -0700 (PDT)

Eric Schneider-4 wrote:
> Can you specify how much offset you see?
I see an clock offset of about 2-4 ppm (almost the same with or without
external clock).

Eric Schneider-4 wrote:
> I presume that the transmitter is also using a precision timebase?
I'm recording a signal from a DTV transmitter which is, according to its
owner, synchronized with a GPS receiver. But unfortunately i can't be 100%
sure of that.
And as i'm using a GPS reference in the external clock input i hoped that
the observed clock drift would be null but it's not the case.

Eric Schneider-4 wrote:
> Yes, it works
Ok now i eliminated a possible source for my problem. Remains: transmitter
not synchronized on GPS time, GPS reference not good, error in my
post-processing to find the clock drift... I continue the investigations to
find the probelm source.