[Discuss-gnuradio] Analog Devices RF RX/TX subsystems for Spartan-3AN FP

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Analog Devices RF RX/TX subsystems for Spartan-3AN FPGA
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:58:54 +0400

Hi,
         I would like to design a custom board based on the Spartan-3AN FPGA,
based on the Spartan-3AN FPGA Starter Kit, but would like to build my own RF
front-end.

http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/rxtx-subsystems/products/index.html

If I look at the AD9874 IF-to-Bits RX subsystem component

http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/rxtx-subsystems/ad9874/products/product.html

it contains an ADC and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Could someone help me by pointing out what other components or parts I should
be looking at to build the RF receiver front-end to start with, assuming that I
am going to learn from the USRP2 design, and the fact that it already has the
Spartan-3AN FPGA, and I'm going to build my own RF front-end?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson