Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] KeyboardInterrupt not being caught in top_block

From: Kyle Zhou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] KeyboardInterrupt not being caught in top_block
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:14:55 +1000

On 18/06/2010, at 2:56 AM, Eric Blossom wrote:

Kyle,

Are you trying to set a handler for a signal somewhere in your code?
If so, it's unlikely to work.  In general signals and threads don't
play together well.  A bit of googling will show you the mine field.

If you're trying to catch a std::exception, that should work fine.

Eric

Hi Eric
I did not set any handler except 'except KeyboardInterrupt: ...'
I tried it on Ubuntu as well which turned out to fail.
Yes, I agree with you that it's likely the problem of coworking of signals and threads.
I tried a single threaded program where the same mechanism did work.
So I will change my approach completely.
Thanks for making things clarified.
Kyle