[Discuss-gnuradio] GPIO Rx Streaming

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPIO Rx Streaming
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:28:36 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to use the LSB streaming functionality but cant seem to get the following code to work:

-----------

self.u=usrp2.source_16sc(options.interface)
self.u.set_center_freq(options.freq)
self.u.set_decim(options.decim)

print "Current GPIO State: " + str(self.u.read_gpio())
print "GPIO Streaming: " +str(self.u.enable_gpio_streaming(1))

self.head=gr.head(gr.sizeof_float, 100000)
self.sink=gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_float, 'testfile')

self.connect(self.u,self.head,self.sink)

Looking through the firmware I believe I should be using IO Pin 15 for the LSB of I and Pin 14 for the LSB of Q - I can see the bit toggling from the print "current GPIO state" statement but opening the captured file in a hex editor I cant see any change in the LSB of each int16 regardless of the level of pin 15/14.

I'm testing with a BasicRX daughterboard and have updated the firmware to the latest published binaries.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance,

Tim