Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting tx_gain > 20 dB => no effect? (USRP2, XC

From: Jeffrey Lambert
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting tx_gain > 20 dB => no effect? (USRP2, XCVR2450)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:23:18 -0400

On 6/22/2010 5:34 AM, Sven Oliver Kreis wrote:
Hi Josh,

thanks a lot. You were right. I ran another test with amp 0.1 and this
time it changed above 20 dB. Seems saturated.

The sample mismatch is on purpose.

My real purpose is to jam Zigbee communication between micaz nodes. So
I don't need a very smooth sinus, but a strong signal which   disturbs
the Zigbee Traffic between micaz nodes.

Yes, put an external amplifier on the USRP output. You might be able to find a coaxial amplifier that can produce the power you will need from Mini-Circuits.

So I will stay with ~20 dB and Amplitude 1. Or is there a way to get
even more power out of it?
Any suggestion to improve jamming is welcome :)

Thx again
Sven Oliver

~Jeff, K1VZX

--