RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coherent de-dispersion

From: Bruce Stansby
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coherent de-dispersion
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:28:07 +0000

Hi Marcus

I havn't quiet got my head around coherant dedispersion myself, I use in
coherant. Basically as far as I'm aware it does all the delays in fourier
space. It is generally far superior to the standard incoherant method but for
searching is ineficient as it can not usually be done in real time across a
wide bandwidth.

Hence unless your trying to find a signal at a specific DM a blind search
usually uses incoherant, unless you have a cluster at your disposal. If you are
trying to test if the signal is ther for a specific object and not sure about
your disperser then I suggest folding the spectral data at a pulse period, you
can then find it in a waterfall plot of your bandpass.

or else you can try and download DSPSR and use something that is known to work,
if you can work out the install.

Regards Bruce