[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP_spectrum_sense.py: Observing the power values

From: Jia Malhotra
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP_spectrum_sense.py: Observing the power values
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:41:54 -0300

I am a new user of USRP and GNU radio.
I am using a RX-A daughter board with USRP
The gain it outputs is 52.

I was using the usrp_spectrum_sense.py file to observe the received power of a SMS signal.
If I specify the range as 900-1800 Mz to observe cellphone activity at these frequency and run the usrp_spectrum_sense.py file.

The outputs I receive (as far as I can understand) are different center frequencies within the above specified  range along with hex bits "u0" after every few centre freq values. Also the difference between the center frequencies printed is 3Mhz.

However, I am unable to understand which output corresponds to the power output.
I was trying to read the description of this file on http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/174437..
In the post they specify that the file is supposed to print square of the power. But, I am unable to understand where can I see those values?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!