[Discuss-gnuradio] What do the USRP2 LED lights indicate?

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] What do the USRP2 LED lights indicate?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:56:59 +0400

Hi,
        I just got my USRP2 + WBX module.

I must say, for a new user, documentation is lacking for the hardware.

I searched the web for some info on setting up the hardware, just in case, but
found none, so opened it up and installed the card. A single page getting
started guide would have been useful, and improve first impressions about the
product.

I have a few questions:

a. What does the USRP2 LED lights indicate?

b. What is the difference between the WBX TX/RX and the RX2 connection?

c. If I wanted to test the system out quickly to receive FM broadcast signals,
to which connection on the WBX board should I connect the SMA cable to?

The Ettus website has absolutely no user documentation for the hardware, and it
is not readily apparent to a new user that you can find additional information
about the hardware on GNU Radio.

Elvis Dowson