Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.6.4 for

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.6.4 for USRP2
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:41:57 -0700

What's the benefit of using UHD, at the moment? I thought that was something
that was being developed to better integrate with the National Instruments
hardware ecosystem.

Eventually it will incorporate all the hardware with full functionality under one API. It currently supports only the USRP2 and most of the dbords at the moment.

So currently the main benefits are:
        using usrp2 on a non linux based OS
        using usrp2 without gnuradio (not just NI)
        controlling the dboard antennas (mentioned earlier)
        individually controllable dboard gains
        aligned receive in a mimo configuration

What we are missing in UHD that gr-usrp2 has:
        DBSRX support
        TVRX support

-josh