Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:44:08 +0400

Hi Michael,
                       No problem, I understand. I'll keep working on it.
Thanks for the help so far, couldn't have reached this stage without your
timely advice!! :-)

On Jul 20, 2010, at 8:28 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:

> Shortest Answer: This list isn't the correct venue for your issues with Qt
> and Carbon / Cocoa; the GNU Radio build system is working correctly and as
> expected under the circumstances.  If you have issues with the way Qt build
> on OSX, please see their forums and possibly issue a ticket there.

FYI, the issue with -framework Carbon being generated into the QtGui.pc is a
real bug. It happens, even if I generate a build with cocoa 32-bit with no qt3
support.

I've posted a note on the Qt forum here, describing the bug.

http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/32587-qt-4.7-pkgconfig-QtGui.pc-incorrectly-includes-Carbon-framework-when-built-w-cocoa?p=151420#post151420

> On Jul 20, 2010, at 3:03 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
>> After doing a little digging around in the gnuradio configured files, I see
>> references to Carbon in config.status
>
> config.status is generated by configure.  The reference to "-framework
> Carbon" comes from how Qt was installed.  If you look at the PKG_CONFIG files
> for Qt, you'll find 'Carbon' in some of them.
>
>> This finds itself eventually in the gr-qtgui makefiles, which is incorrect
>> behaviour. Is because of QwtPlot3d using legacy Qt3Support, and somehow the
>> Carbon support is getting pulled in?
>
> This is normal behavior for autotools & the way GNU Radio's build system
> works.  All of the required Qt libraries' CFLAGS & LIBS are concatenated, to
> form what you found.

What I can do in the meantime to progress the gr-qtgui build is to manually
edit the Qt pkgconfig files and replace the reference to Carbon with Cocoa.

I'll post the results back to the list, if I'm successful.

best regards,

Elvis