[Discuss-gnuradio] How is processor time given to blocks?

From: Sean Jordan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How is processor time given to blocks?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:15:29 -0700

I am fairly new to gnuradio and am working on some of my own blocks. I am trying to understand how the blocks are given control of the cpu. I am using the grc interface. I currently think that each block runs till it is done then gives control to the next block, then when all blocks have run the process starts over. However I set some flags that have caused me to question that understanding. A better explanation of how the system works would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Sean