Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some problems about usrp motherboard that i make

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some problems about usrp motherboard that i make by myself
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:03:22 -0700

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 08:48:46PM -0700, tonygc wrote:
> who can tell me the reason? any help will be appreciated...

Bringing up new hardware (even if you think it's a perfect copy of
somebody else's design) is always a challenge.  It requires a wide
range of skills, patience, test equipment and the ability to figure
out how to debug a problem.

Most people I know learned these skills by working side-by-side at a
bench with people who had more experience than they did, both looking
at the same board...

A couple of things to check:

  Are the power supplies as expected?
  Do the clocks look good?
  Can you load code into the FX2?
  Can you load an FPGA image into the FPGA?
Good luck!