Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Standard firmware for 1 rx and 1 tx

From: Jeffrey Lambert
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Standard firmware for 1 rx and 1 tx
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 14:41:19 -0400

The "inband" means that the firmware is capable of "inband signaling".  If you don't know what it is then you don't need it.

There shouldn't be any performance loss from using the default firmware, but if you really want to compile a std_1rx_1tx.rbf file, it is trivial.  It may be worth mentioning that the half-band filtering might be of significance to you, and it is enabled with the default firmware.

~Jeff