Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] anyone had luck with high throughput IPC to GNU

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] anyone had luck with high throughput IPC to GNU Radio?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:03:18 -0700

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Kunal Kandekar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am unfamiliar with Octave, so I cannot be sure about your particular
scenario, but a potential problem could be internal buffering between
writes... Maybe try flushing the stream more?

I could be wrong, but I thought named pipes stay in memory?  It seems like part of my problem might be that pipe size is limited to something like 4k in size, which does not allow me to push a lot of data through.  It seems like I could modify this in linux/limits.h to increase its size.