[Discuss-gnuradio] More on GL Gnu Radio apps and use of ssh -X

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] More on GL Gnu Radio apps and use of ssh -X
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:12:48 -0400

Curiouser and curiouser.  The failure appears to depend on what machine
the request is coming
  from (that is, the machine that will ultimately display the application).

>From 3 of my machines, it works, and from my lowly Pentium-D eMachines
Intel Mobo machine,
  it fails.  I wonder if perhaps the display hardware is missing some
vital capability that GL requires,
  and rather than it failing gracefully, it drops a load of poop on its
shoes.

So 3 out of 4 machines work just fine--they're all running F12 and
up-to-date.  But the 3rd one,
  the eMachines one, seems to provoke a core dump in the app if the app
is being *displayed* on that
  machine--note that the app is *running* on the same machine in all cases.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium