Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex multiplication question

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] complex multiplication question
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 06:07:29 -0400

The SECOND ORDER Costas loop produces foptr(n) and poptr(n) which is the frequency and phase estimate for the carrier.

sin(poptr(n)) is the estimated carrier.

If S(n)*sin(poptr(n) is the spreading code modulating the estimated carrier, then

S(n)*P(n) * complex_conjugate(S(n)*sin(poptr(n)) should be approximately P(n) up to error in

a) your estimate of the carrier

BUT ALSO

b) the clock of the transmit system and its initial phase offset for the complex spreading code MUST ALSO be estimated to close this system and track. My little equation above ASSUMES perfect knowledge of S(n) which is NEVER the case in a real system.

Bob