Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio source patch to make it work with a curr

From: Moeller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio source patch to make it work with a current GCC 4.5.0
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:35:01 +0200

 Oh sorry, thanks for the hint.
Apparently I only visited those source files without doxygen comments.

Anyway, instead of the long GPL legal advices, I'm missing
at least a tiny little comment on top about the meaning of a certain
source file. For that I'm using the \brief doxygen-tag after \file in every
of my own source files. In Gnuradio, you first have to dig deep into
the source to understand what a file is about.
This is very common in GNU projects.

For Matlab/Octave I wrote my own Doxygen-Parser, so every function
get it's \brief \file \param \note \todo \sa tags.
You can generate really good-looking documentation pages
using latex-formulas with \f[ - Tags, \image schematic blocks
and \latexonly  \cite  literature references etc.

What about Python?

For Doxygen there are two documentation tag styles

http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html#pythonblocks

I saw some of the "docstrings" in the gnuradio source,
but not in the Doxygen-Doc. Can this be integrated, or
does it need a second independent Doc?

Moeller

On 04