Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 Inband firmware questions

From: Eric Schneider
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 Inband firmware questions
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:51:31 -0600

On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 17:14 +0200, Sylvain Munaut wrote:

> Mmm, in the code I've read, the tx timestamp counter was different than
> the rx timestamp counter and with different reset signals.

This is all from memory...

There were two clocks, but the resets should have been tied together.
If the tx and rx clocks were not synchronized that would defeat the
whole point...

I do remember experimenting with a single counter.  I do not remember if
I ended up using 1 or 2 though.  I do recall that timing was harder to
meet with a single clock.

> I'm looking at git://git.ettus.com/ettus/fpga.git which AFAIK it the
> most 'official' repo I could find.

I think that one is broken.

> In which git is that code ? And more importantly, why isn't it in the
> main repo :)

It was in the old svn repo.  It seems to have been migrated to git:

http://gnuradio.org/cgit/ets.git/tree/usrp/fpga/inband_lib?h=inband

I'm not sure why it didn't merge into master.  Probably because there is
not much use or interest in it.  The main-line usrp source is now hosted
by Ettus, so we will have to work with them to make anything official.

> As I'd like the inband function to become mainline in the future UHD
> support, I think it's important to make sure the code is pushed.

There was some recent chat about that...

--Eric S.