Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X

From: Mark J. Blair
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:00:31 -0700

On Aug 23, 2010, at 11:52 AM, Michael Dickens wrote:
> Hi Mark - I don't know where to point you exactly, since some tests work for
> you while others don't.  You're using "--with-fusb-tech=libusb1", which
> should work but hasn't been thoroughly tested (at least on OSX).  Have you
> tried configuring without this flag & then re-testing to see what happens?
> The native FUSB/OSX drivers do use the "legacy libusb" (as found on
> MacPorts), but they are well tested & just as fast as those provided by
> libusb1. - MLD

I have the address@hidden port installed rather than the address@hidden port,
because (I think) I have other stuff that wants the newer libusb port. I
discovered that I needed to use the "--with-fusb-tech=libusb1" flag to get the
configure script to properly identify my libusb version. Before I used that
flag everything would compile, but the usrp executables would fail to find a
symbol they needed in libusb and then crash.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <address@hidden>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/