Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:58:43 -0400

Hi Mark - I'm glad you got it working; if you installed all of the background dependencies with MacPorts, compiling GNU Radio should be as simple as:

[fix bootstrap]
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make check
sudo make install

with no other options. IIRC, the 3 primary environment variables you need to have set are PATH (so that /opt/local/bin comes first), PYTHONPATH (so that /opt/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages comes first), and PKG_CONFIG_PATH (so that /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig comes first). You do not need to set "--with-fusb-tech" at all; it will auto-detect. You also don't need to set LDFLAGS as you have. Further, I don't think gr-qtgui is working on OSX just yet, so you really don't need to set CPPFLAGS either. And, you can have MacPorts select the CC and CXX for you via "gcc_select" -- so those aren't necessary.

My question now is whether or not the other tests you talked about work (e.g., usrp_benchmark_usb.py). If that works, then you're good to go & can play around with all the other pieces of GNU Radio & USRP. But, I'm glad you've gotten this far. - MLD