Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2, is that possible to skip the Ethernet and

From: Malihe Ahmadi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2, is that possible to skip the Ethernet and pass data through general purpose (physically accessible) inputs to the FPGA?
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:20:14 -0600

Hi Eric, thanks for the insightful reply. I will be using these pins for my design. what else is provided to the board through Ethernet? If I understand correct, the configuration data for DAC (such as the IF frequency, etc) is provided through Ethernet, but we don't really want to change those, so I'd like to program those registers one and won't touch them again. For that do I need to just change the firmware? Is there any other important point I need to care about if I remove the Ethernet modules in FPGA?

Thanks,
Malihe