Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dimension of the y axis using usrp_oscope.py

From: William Cox
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dimension of the y axis using usrp_oscope.py
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 14:09:32 -0400

You'll need to read the datasheet for the ADC. It's a AD9862.  From there you'll know the full range. I suspect is south of 3.3v as that's the boards power supply.
An easier solution is to use a precision function generator and calibrate. Send in a known signal and see what the graph displays. Change the known signal, rinse and repeat.
-William

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Fabian Steiner <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello -

> It will be completely dependent on your receiver chain. My understanding
> is
> that the values you are seeing are the output of the ADC, so you'll need
> figure out what the voltages at that point are. Perhaps someone else can
> be
> more helpful, but you'll need to do the legwork.
> What receiver are you using?
> -William

I am using a LFRX board. I know that the usrp's ADC has a resolution of
12bit, but what is the maximum value it can deal with? Unfortunately, I
haven't found any information on this issue yet.

Looking forward to further pieces of advice.

Cheers, Fabian