[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:28:41 -0400

I've updated the GNU Radio install via MacPorts to 3.3.0.

For those OSX users out there who are using GNU Radio and MacPorts, could you
give this a shot & see if it works for you?  If you do install them for testing
purposes & want to use a non-MacPorts GIT install for your actual work, make
sure to deactivate / uninstall those from MacPorts -- usually there is no
conflict between multiple GNU Radio installs, but it's just safer this way.

If you have thoughts or comments on the MacPorts install of GNU Radio on OSX,
I'd love to hear from you. - MLD

Changes
---
* I've moved "gnuradio-grc" to "gnuradio-companion", which might cause issues
since I can't figure out how to disable the former before installing the newer
w/o telling the user to explicitly do so & then waiting.

* I've deprecated 'mblock' and 'gromnithreads', which will still install but
print warnings about their new status (since they do not conflict with GNU
Radio 3.3).

* There is a warning when installing 'pmt' that it has been integrated into
'gruel' & to use that port instead; but, the actual 'pmt' library is installed
anyway (since it does not conflict with GNU Radio 3.3).

* I've added ports for 'atsc', 'noaa', msdd6000', and 'qtgui' -- yes, with
enough external settings Qt / qwt / qwtplot3d can be made to work on OSX.  I
haven't actually tried this port out to make sure it works correctly, but
everything passes "make check" so ...