[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: s/Eric/Tom/g

From: Andrew Ge
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: s/Eric/Tom/g
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:57:26 -0400

 Eric,

Many of us are deeply grateful to you for what you have contributed to GNU Radio development, Q/A, and maintenance. Without your pioneer work, commitment and dedication, GNU Radio would not be like what we have today (this applies also to a few other folks you mentioned in your announcement). As far as I know, many many people, particular students all over the world, have benefited greatly from your work. Twenty years after SDR was proposed, it is still hard to find low cost and relatively good performance SDR software packages and platforms. It's you, Matt, and a few others who have changed the landscape. Taking this opportunity, I'd like to show my gratitude to you folks.

I have personally worked with Tom Rondeau. Even though it was just a few months in 2007, I was able to find out that he is smart, skilled, dedicated, and passionate about SDR R&D. Since then, Tom, as I have observed, has been continuously contributing greatly to GNU Radio development. His philosophy about open source project combined with his knowledge and skills, I believe, will enable him, together with this community, to drive GNU Radio to new levels.

I hope that, after stepping down as the "Maintainer", you will have more time for other things that you like to do in your life.

Best regards,

Feng (Andrew) Ge, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
Telcordia Technologies, Inc.