Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help : how long usrp can run continously in norma

From: Anil Sharma
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help : how long usrp can run continously in normal environment.
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 15:46:21 +0530

thanks for the information to everyone...

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Juha Vierinen <address@hidden> wrote:
I've run my beacon satellite receiver and radar data acquisition
programs for several days without problems. I have never needed to
operate them longer, so I don't know what the limit is. The beacon
satellite receiver is written completely in c++. The data acquisition
program also has some python in it.

My programs don't have a GUI and typically they don't have very many
gnuradio blocks. Most of the signal processing is done in external
libraries or programs.

Sometimes I do see a usrp1 driver error when I unplug a usb hard drive
while the usrp is running. This isn't really that problematic. I just
avoid doing this when I don't want the system to fail.

juha