Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:08:29 +0400

HI Dave,
                 Just some info, not directly related but useful to keep in
mind... wxPython and wxWidgets 2.8.1.1 is already installed on Mac OS X 10.6.4.
However, for some reason the GNU Radio configure process is not able to detect
the wxPython installation. But that would be for 32-bit carbon.

On Sep 15, 2010, at 1:41 PM, dave k wrote:

> i compiled from scratch wxWidgets 2.9.1, but python is still using mac's 2.8
> version. How do i tell python to use the locally installed version?

For 64-bit cocoa support, you'll need to install both wxWidgets-2.9.1 and
wxPython-2.9.1 from sources, and more specifically from Robin Dunn's workspace,
since the two are synchronized with each other, and then update your .profile
path.

I'm not using Mac Ports, so you'll have to point the environment variables to
the Mac Ports installed location, which is in /opt, or to the wxPython
installed location from sources.

Here are the contents of my .profile file.

# wxWidgets
export WXWIN=/Users/elvis/Tool/wxWidgets

# GNU Radio
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH
export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export MANPATH=/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man:$MANPATH
export INFOPATH=/usr/local/share/info:/usr/share/info:$INFOPATH
export LDFLAGS=

# setup PYTHON variables, depending on what's first in the $path

export PYTHON_VERSION=`python -V 2>&1 | sed -e 'address@hidden@ @2' | awk '{
print $2 }'`
export PYTHON_ROOT=`which python | sed -e 's@/bin/python@@g'`
export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHON_ROOT}/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
if [ ${PYTHON_ROOT} != "/usr/include" ]; then
    export
PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages:/usr/local/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
fi

# User entries
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

Not sure if this is going to work, but you could give it a shot. I'm working on
this too, at the moment, and should have some results in a couple of days.

Best regards,

Elvis