[Discuss-gnuradio] General question concerning usrp & audio

From: Thomas Seidel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] General question concerning usrp & audio
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 05:09:45 +0200 (CEST)

hHey!

I am just playing around with gnuradio and the usrp stuff and want to achieve
the following:

file1.py

[...]
self.u = usrp.sink_c(0, 64)
self.src gr.sig_source_c(48000, gr.GR_SIN_WAVE, 400, 1)

self.connect(self.src, self.u)
[...]

file2.py
[...]

self.u = usrp.source_c(0, self.decim_rate)

self.sndsink = audio.sink(48000, 'plughw:0,0')
self.blk = gr.complex_to_mag()
self.connect(self.u, self.blk, (self.sndsink, 0))
[...]

in words: file1.py should serve as the sender of sine signal with a frequency
of 400Hz and file2.py should receive this signal and emit it on the soundcard.
Both excerpts are implemented as a derived class from gr.top_block().

Running usrp_oscope.py, I can see that a sine is transmitted, however i can not
here anything than noise(?). Actually I would have expected something like the
output of dial_tone.py. Can somebody tell me why I am wrong and don't receive
what i expect.

Any hints are appreciated!

Tom
WEB.DE DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für
nur 19,99 €/mtl.!* http://produkte.web.de/go/DSL_Doppel_Flatrate/2