Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2, is that possible to skip the Ethernet and

From: Malihe Ahmadi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2, is that possible to skip the Ethernet and pass data through general purpose (physically accessible) inputs to the FPGA?
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:02:50 -0600

Hi Nick,

I have a USRP2 + RFX2400 which I'd like to use as a transceiver. here are my questions: 1- Assuming I get two antennas, one connected to TX/RX port and the second one connected to RX2 port, Can I get the first antenna to act as the TX (driven only by DAC) and the second one act as RX (driving only ADC)? If so, do I get 30MHz of bandwidth on each antenna? 2- Is that true that if I don't configure the DAC, it will use its default values for example for the modulation, upsampling factor, ....? 3- I understand the default modulation of DAC is "NONE", what is the default interpolation rate (none, 1x, 2x or 4x)? 4- Assuming I configure the DAC IF frequency to be 0 (modulation ="NONE"), does that mean if I pick the RF center frequency of the TX and RX to be the same, I need no demodulation (to be implemented inside FPGA )on the data captured from ADC and this data is all baseband? 5- At the TX side, does the dac_a carry interleaved I/Q? or dac_a carries only I and dac_b carries only Q of the same samples? 6- At the RX side, does the adc_a carry interleaved I/Q? or adc_a carries only I and adc_b carries only Q of the same samples?

Thanks,
Malihe