[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Phase-lock across USRP-2 boxes and radar receiver

From: Josh Blum
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Phase-lock across USRP-2 boxes and radar receiver development
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:18:05 -0700

In the case of the gnuradio-USRP2 driver, the CORDIC is always spinning, and this guarantees that the phase between CORDICs will always be different among multiple USRP2s.

In the case of the UHD USRP2 driver, the CORDIC only spins when samples are being processed through it. In this manner, as long as all USRP2s are told to stream RX samples at the same time, the phase will be the same across all USRP2s. Also, the USRP MIMO interface automates the synchronization and synchronized streaming among multiple USRP2s.

Thanks,
-Josh