[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 UART use

From: bobb
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 UART use
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:14:52 +0000

We're exploring the possibility of monitoring the overrun/underrun status via
the USRP2 UART.

I'm curious to learn what approaches people have taken to do this (e.g.,
connect the UART to a logic analyzer, use a level shifter -> RS232 -> host
serial/USB port, etc.).

I'd also like to know what other information is available via this port and any
other information people can share about there experience using the UART port.

I've found some level shifter cables that seem ideal and aren't too expensive
(<$30), but I'd like to hear what (if anything) other folks are doing.

  Thanks,

  --Bob

P.S. I attempted to send this out several hours ago, but for some reason it
didn't make it. If the original does resurface, I apologize in advance for the
duplicate posting.