Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Moon Bounce Experiment

From: Joseph Craig
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Moon Bounce Experiment
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:13:16 -0600

I have managed to install gnuradio and run usrp_fft.py with success!

Now for the questions...

1)  I'm always seeing...  "Exception RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth
exceeded while calling a Python object' in <type 'exception.AttributeError'>
ignored ".  What does this mean, and how to fix it?
2)  How do I save the I/Q stream to disk?  I'm interested in the maximum bit
resolution for the best dynamic range.  I just want the raw time samples.
3)  Some of the examples (like usrp_wfm_rcv.py) spit out "...aUaUaUaUaU..." to
the console and the sound is choppy.  What does this mean, and is there a way
to turn it off?
4)  Is it possible to tweak parameters such as quadrature downconverter
bandwidth/decimation, etc?

thanks,
Joe Craig