Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] which Xilinx version for USRP2 FPGA code?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] which Xilinx version for USRP2 FPGA code?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:58:35 -0700

If you are using UHD, you should use the FPGA code which is bundled into the UHD git repository. This code is pulled from the regular FPGA repository and will match up with the UHD version you are using. You must compile this with ISE 12.x. You could also use the ise12 branch from the fpga repository, but make sure you update your UHD at the same time to stay in sync.

If you are using the raw ethernet (the old non-UHD version), then you should check out the master branch from the fpga repository. You _must_ compile this with ISE 10.1.03. It won't work with ISE 11.x or 12.x.

It is strongly recommended that you use the UHD, as this is the direction we are moving all of our efforts, and it will have the most attention.

Matt