[Discuss-gnuradio] Damaged LNA on the DBSRX board

From: Kelley, Clifford W
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Damaged LNA on the DBSRX board
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:20:39 -0700

We've noticed that it is not difficult to damage the MGA-82563 GaAs MMIC
amplifier on the DBSRX board.  Other than replacing it (if you have that kind
of equipment and skills) does anyone know of a suitable replacement part?
We've actually used a wire on one of our boards to bypass the amplifier.  In
doing this we lose about 10 dB of amplification and increased noise.  Does
anyone know of a better solution?

Thanks,

Cliff