[Discuss-gnuradio] How is gain sorted between the two LNAs around the mi

From: Jorge Miguel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How is gain sorted between the two LNAs around the mixer in the XCVR2450
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:44:25 +0100

Hello,

I would like to know how the gain setting (up to 92 dB in Rx mode) of the MAXIM2829 is sorted between the two amplifiers placed around the mixer.

I is clear in the data sheet what the total gain is depending on the gain settings but it is not clear where the gain is. Most of them can be before the mixer (RF gain), or after the mixing (BB gain)......Is it possible to find it out? I would like to model this receiver.

Many thanks,
Jorge.