Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] questions about USRP2 sink block and upconversion

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] questions about USRP2 sink block and upconversion
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:02:14 -0700 (PDT)

Marcus:

Thank you for your reply. Let me ask you another question to make sure I'm
understanding this correctly. Remember, I have a USRP2 board with a WBX
daughterboard. If I construct a flow graph where a signal source block
generates a 7 khz cosine at a sample rate of 200 khz (100e6/500), and if this
cosine is fed into a USRP2 sink block with its "frequency" parameter set to
"900M", then will I see a spike in the WBX output spectrum at 907 MHz, or at
893 MHz, or both? (assuming perfect precision of the internal reference clock
on the USRP2) What if it were a sine instead of a cosine? Thanks again for your
help. I really appreciate your time.

Steve McMahon