[Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 draughterboard recoginition error (USRP2)

From: XIAN PAN
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 draughterboard recoginition error (USRP2)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:20:58 -0500

Hi everybody,

It seems that my USRP2 cannot recognize the XCVR2450 draughtboard correctly.

I got the firmware and fpga code from http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries, and the version of firmware is txrx_xcvr_raw_eth_20100608.bin, the version of fpga is u2_rev3_20100603.bin. And I use gnuradio 3.3.0. I tested it on two computers, one has fedora13 OS, the other one has ubuntu10.4.

There is only draughtboard ID is shown when I run the usrp2_fft.py. I search this problem on the Internet, and did not find the solution. Other person who shown his/ her waveform (using the usrp_fft.py), it would show "XCVR2450 Rx". But in my case, it only show "0x0061". The different between our equipments is: I use USRP2 & XCVR2450, and he/she use USRP & XCVR2450. So...I am suspicious the program does not investigate the draughtboard correctly. I really want to know what's happen and how to fix it. Welcome any review. Thanks.

Xian Pan