Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] need help implementing TX pattern on USRP2+WBX

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] need help implementing TX pattern on USRP2+WBX
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:35:30 +0100

On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:00:37AM -0800, Steve Mcmahon wrote:
> The user would define the interval duration on the command line (i.e., 500ms
> or 1s). Also, for each interval, the user would define on the command line
> the interval type and which frequency of the set of frequencies to use. Also
> the total number of intervals would be specified on the command line.

Hi Steve,

if I understand this, you configure your signal once, at the beginning?
In that case, there are several ways to do this. The simplest (and a
rather crude way) is to pre-calc the signal and dump it into a vector
source, then set that to loop. That'll get you up and running in no
time.

A more elaborate way would be to use GR-internal blocks to generate the
individual signals; however, to switch between them in a precise manner
(i.e. to get the exact number of samples from every signal input) you
would have to write your own switching block. However, that would give
some opportunity to change the signal during run time.

Hope this was any help...
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)