Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trying t learn GNU Radio

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trying t learn GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:19:59 -0500

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello every one...
>
> I am just start to learn gnu radio...
> i start to track its C++ part...
> i start it with usrp_source_s/c files...
>
> can any one tell me that i am on the right way or not...
> & how can i go further...
>

> i also found a method gnuradio::get_initial_sptr() which takes an object...
> but i am unable to find its meaning or role...
>

> & also plz help me to guide if there any other way to start lern gnu radio...
>
> any help would be appriciated...
>
> Thanks a lot in advance

If you are just starting, I think you're going far too deep too soon.
Start with the Python-level examples and working with GRC to get good
feel for what you can do with GNU Radio and how the blocks interact.
Then start diving deeper.

Go to the project home page for more information:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio

Specifically, look at the examples mentioned there and that can be
found in the code at gnuradio-examples/python. The "How to Write a GNU
Radio Signal Processing Block" will be useful as you go more into
working with the C++ end of things.

I have also been putting together a few tutorial-like examples here:
http://gnuradio.squarespace.com/examples/

Hope this gets you going.

Tom