Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building volk in MinGW

From: Kyle Zhou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building volk in MinGW
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:21:33 +1100

On 17/12/2010 1:01 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Kyle Zhou<address@hidden>  wrote:
I try to build volk in MinGW and find the following issues:
1) config.sub and config.guess are corrupt. They seems to be corrupted
symlinks. This can be corrected by copying from top level directory.
2) The following files lead to compile error with undeclared clock_t etc.
   qa_32f_add_aligned16.cc
   qa_32f_divide_aligned16.cc
   qa_32f_multiply_aligned16.cc
   qa_32f_sqrt_aligned16.cc
   qa_16sc_magnitude_32f_aligned16.cc
This can be fixed by #include<ctime>

After these changes, make succeeded.
make check does nothing, so I have not checked the functionality.
I think I will study the usage of the volk library later.

Kyle

Thanks, Kyle, that's helpful. I'll make the ctime fix now and look
into the config.sub and config.guess issues.

If you want to run a test, in volk/lib/test_all. This is what is
normally run by make check, but I have disabled it for speed. The
checks take a while to complete.

Tom

I found config.sub and config.guess are symlink to /usr/share/automake-1.11/config.sub/guess
But obviously those do not exist in MinGW.
That is why in ubuntu there is no problem. But failed in MinGW.

I run test_all but without success.
What I got is:

.sse2 not available... no test performed
.sse3 not available... no test performed
.sse3 not available... no test performed
.sse3 not available... no test performed
.sse3 not available... no test performed
.sse3 not available... no test performed
.sse not available... no test performed
.sse not available... no test performed
.sse2 not available... no test performed
.ssse3 not available... no test performed
.ssse3 not available... no test performed
.ssse3 not available... no test performed
.sse2 not available... no test performed
.32f_add_aligned

after that a Windows popup message is up asking if report problem to MS.
It seems to be some exception raised.
I have no experience in cppunit so really no idea what is happening.
Kyle