Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD on USRP1 (Karmic Ubuntu)

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD on USRP1 (Karmic Ubuntu)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 01:02:12 -0800

> Thanks very much Josh. Yes the device is found :

> -- UHD Device 0
> Device Address:
>     type: usrp1
>     name:
>     serial: 4c745353
>
> Just to be crystal clear, A UHD implementation of a GNURadio-Companion file
> is the same as GNURadio i.e. source is USRP not UHD for USRP1?

Use the blocks in the UHD category (not USRP). Also, the floating point
samples are between -1.0 and 1.0 which is different than the old driver,
so that could change things depending upon your app. Its best to run it
and see what happens. :-)

> Also, when I populate with the DBSRX2 in addition to LFRX, can I run both? I
> saw a post from August saying something about only 1 i/o path at the moment.

Both channels should work. Configure the single usrp block for two
channels and setup the subdevice specification string (should be docs
for this in the block properties dialog box).

-josh