Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] output 0 is not connected internally

From: Brad Hein
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] output 0 is not connected internally
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:15:58 -0500

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

>> address@hidden ~]# gnuradio-companion
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/local/bin/gnuradio-companion", line 45, in <module>
>>     """%gr.version()
>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'version'

it looks like its importing from an older install of gnuradio that didnt
have the gr_constants* stuff. Make sure to clean out old gnuradio
installs tarballs, rpms, etc...

Aha -  you're right!

$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mpich2

So after I set the PYTHONPATH to the one in /usr/local/lib... specified by Marcus, ***gnuradio-companion started up for the first time! ***

And you are correct - I did in fact have an old gnuradio RPM hanging around out there (it was a dependency of some other AX.25 stuff I was using so I thought I could get away with "overwriting it" with the compiled version of gnuradio, but I was wrong.).

Here's what I've learned from this experience

#1 - It is possible to run gnuradio + grc on Fedora 14
#2 - Install all development packages required to make the build process successful (if unsuccesful then it's due to missing dependency package)
#3 - Install gnuradio + grc from git source (as specified on gnuradio wiki page "BuildGuide".
#4 - Make sure that PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/
python2.7/site-packages. If not, then there is another instance of something (gnuradio?) conflicting with the newly built one.
#5 -  The gnuradio and grc which currently ship with Fedora 14 are outdated, and seem to be broken/misconfigured (they don't work out of hte box).