[Discuss-gnuradio] two pfb channelizer questions

From: ikjtel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] two pfb channelizer questions
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:41:11 -0800 (PST)

Have been playing with the channelizer and it's amazing!  To re-raise an old
point: IMHO,  By all means, the hARRIS (lowercase "h" notation) should be kept,
IMHO.

1. Sorry if this has been previously asked but I wasn't able to find it - say
we want to channelize a swath but we're only interested in a few of the
channels and we want to ignore the rest (e.g., say we care about only 5 of 100
available channels, but there are gaps between the "interesting" ones)...

In this example would it be necessary to connect up the remaining 95
"uninteresting" channels to the null_sink ?

2. This is perhaps more of a pfb question - our app uses
gr.firdes.root_raised_cosine() which has the published restriction that "symbol
rate must be a factor of sample rate"  so that if the desired signal doesn't
have this property it must be resampled (such as using the pfb arb resampler).
Question is whether there exists some "magic pfb" method of performing the
root-cosine filtering operation directly, without needing a resamp. Probably
pie in the sky, but was just curious...

Best Regards

Max