Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] questions about sdcc when configuring gnuradio

From: Peter F Bradshaw
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] questions about sdcc when configuring gnuradio
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:20:53 +0800 (WST)

Hi Jie;

Configure is finding sdcc but it (i.e. sdcc) is reporting that it cannot
compile for the 8051 by failing to compile some test code.

In Debian (and, I believe, Ubuntu) there are two editions of sdcc -
"free" (GNU license) and "non free". The free edition does not support
the MCS51 ABI. I think you need to get the edition that does support the
MCS51.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Jie Liu wrote:

> Now I tried to install gnuradio on a Ubuntu 8.10 machine, with intrepid
> apt-source.
> I installed sdcc from the source and I met the configuration problems like
> below:
>
> checking forsdcc...sdcc -mmcs51 --no-xinit-opt
> checking for asx8051... no
> USRP requiressdcc.sdcc not found. Seehttp://sdcc.sf.net
> Unable to find firmware compilerSDCC.
> Not building component usrp.
>

> I also tried to create the symbolic link as indicated in the online
> documentation.Also added the path into the .bashrc.
> But it still cannot work. How can I do?
> Thanks in advance!

Cheers

--