[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 UHD error: No control response

From: Ben Ahrens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 UHD error: No control response
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:06:43 -0600

I just successfully (I think!) installed UHD and gnuradio, and have
installed the firmware provided by Ettus for UHD installs newer than
August 2010.  I can successfully find my USRP2 using uhd_find_devices,
but running uhd_usrp_probe or any python script using UHD drivers
results in the error

Error: no control response

I found a couple other threads from the past dealing with similar
issues but couldn't find anything in them that I could use to
troubleshoot my situation.

I did notice that after flashing both firmware and fpga binaries on
the SD card that instead of just D and F LEDs being lit up, B is also
lit.

FWIW, I'm on Ubuntu 10.04.

Ben